Make a Booking
You can create events and place room booking using our indico page here
Login with your JGU/HIM account credentials is preferred. Note that you'll be redirected to the University identity provider.
You can use the room booking module to reserve one of the meeting rooms.
How to use the new meeting room computer
All meeting rooms are now equipped with a standard computer to do presentations or video calls.
- Switch on the keyboard and mouse. Search for their individual power switch.
- Wake up the computer, move the mouse or hit a key.
- Make sure the large display is powered on. A green LED on the lower left frame is good, if it’s red, press the button once to switch it on.
- Log in with your Uni-Mainz username and password.
How to do video calls
- Install your favorite software, e.g. Zoom, Teams, etc. from their webpage.
- Switch on the Phonum (loudspeaker with microphones sitting on the table). Do so by pressing the power button for 3 seconds.
- Select the right microphone:
- Standard meeting rooms (ground level, 1st and 2nd level): Select the Phonum as speaker and microphone, the Logitech USB-Webcam as your camera.
- Meeting room 3rd level: Select „IntelliMix“ as your microphone and loudspeaker to enable echo cancelling.
How to display the HDMI Input signal
Meeting room ground level:
- Connect your computer or any other HDMI source with the HDMI cable to the side of the display furniture.
- Launch the „Camera App“ and select the HDMI-2-USB-Input-Adapter (press the button to switch cameras).
Meeting rooms 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor:
- Simply plug in the HDMI cable!
That's all. After a few seconds, it will switch automatically. The build in Windows computer is bypassed, so no credentials are necessary.
- Adjust the volume via the panel on the side of the smart board (illuminated in blue).
- Log out of Windows
- Switch off only the keyboard and mouse.
- Please, do not: power down the computer or display. They go into power saving mode 15 minutes after you left the room.
- No image shown on the display?
Doublecheck with the IR remote that „displayport“ as the right input is selected.
- Want to use the 2nd screen?
Switch it on. There is the top most switch for this on the back.
- Computer switched off?
Switch the computer on again by pressing the power button on the computer.
- No Software installed?
Install any Software you like! Check out office.com, zoom.us/download or other top apps.
- No Phonum (microphone / loudspeaker tabletop device) available?
Switch the Phonum on. If problem persists, pair it again via the Windows Bluetooth Settings.
- Keyboard / mouse not connected?
Switch on the mouse, check batteries. If problem persits, pair it again with the "Dell Peripheral Manager" (app in Windows start menu). Use touch sensitive screen or an external keyboard/mouse for this task.
Problem still persists? Shutdown the computer, wait 30 seconds, switch it on (this power cycles the USB receiver), repeat with "Dell Peripheral Manager".