Make a Booking
You can create events and place room booking using our indico page here
Login with your JGU/HIM account credentials is preferred. Note that you'll be redirected to the University identity provider.
You can use the room booking module to reserve one of the conference/meeting rooms. In general the conference room in the ground floor 131, 133 and 135 require confirmation by the HIM administration.
Conference Rooms Manuals:
Here you'll find the manuals for the conference rooms on the ground floor.
Overview about all rooms:
(This page is updated every 5 minutes)
- Presentation: Introduction to conference calls at HIM
Skype for Business
The ZDV provides a fully features conference system, which enables to bring together a number of up to 200 attendees together. You can join with a standard telefone, Skype for Business client or via web browser (Windows / MacOS) as a guest. This service is free of charge and does not require any pre registration - simply use your university/HIM credentials to start and set up a conference:
- Log in: https://conference.uni-mainz.de/dialin
- Share your personal conference link and start the conference with this link.
Conference or video calls are also possible with the H 323 video codec. A remote server and special software (eg ezuce.com) for conference calls is necessary and is not provided by us or university.
eZuce.com calls (GSI)
(More information here)
- Create a meeeting via the eZuce client (not provided by us).
- enter the meeting and
- call the Video-Codec's IP from within the software. Answer that call from the video codec and enjoy.
See guide: https://support.vidyocloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/235960988-Meet-over-VidyoConnect-for-Skype-for-Business
For Calls to CERN: Place a video call to vidyogw.cern.ch You might later have to enter your credentials for this particular call -- you get these from CERN.
For BESIII Members:
- IHEP Vidyo Portal: http://vidyoguide.ihep.ac.cn/vidyo/
- Call in from H.323/SIP device:
- General info on how to dial in http://vidyoguide.ihep.ac.cn/vidyo/Users_%20Use%20an%20H.323_SIP%20client%20to%20connect%20to%20a%20Vidyo%20meeting%20_%20IT%20Department.html
- IHEP: 126.96.36.199
- CERN: vidyogw.cern.ch
- Enter room extension. You can look it up: http://vidyoguide.ihep.ac.cn/vidyo/room/SearchRoom.jsp
e.g. Charmonium group meeting: 00624612
- If you need to generate touch tones (DTMF tones) when you are in a call, press the # key on your remote control twice (IR remote only once) and a message displays “Touch tones are enabled.” Then use the number keys to enter numbers.
Phone Numbers of Meeting and Conference Rooms
All of our meeting and conference rooms are now Skype for Business enabled, that means you can start or receive a call easily. Video, conference or audio only calls are also possible. (H.323 is still available, too.)
To start a call, simply call these phone numbers (with the prefix +49 6131 39-). When using your Skype for Business Client from Microsoft (more details on where to download here) you can even see do a video call.
Here are the SIP phone numbers:
HIM Besprechung-Video 03 143: 29611 (sip:conf-him-01(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Besprechung-Video 02 111: 29682 (sip:conf-him-02(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Besprechung-Video 01 149: 29705 (sip:conf-him-03(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Besprechung-Video 00 153: 29737 (sip:conf-him-04(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Besprechung-Video 00 111: 29746 (sip:firstname.lastname@example.org)
HIM Konferenz-Video 131: 29747 (sip:conf-him-06(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Konferenz-Video 133: 29748 (sip:conf-him-07(at)uni-mainz.de)
HIM Konferenz-Video 135: 29749 (sip:conf-him-08(at)uni-mainz.de)
Possible connections overview (and workarounds)
Note: To call Consumer Skype from Skype for Business or our Videocodecs add the extension "skypeids.net" to the Skype username, e.g. SKYPE-NAME@skypeids.net.
|Consumer Skype||normal phone||Skype for Business||Video codec in meetingroom|
|works partially, use Consumer Skype||does not work, initiate call from video codec to Consumer Skype!|
|normal phone||works with audio only|
|Skype for Business||works partially (use extension "skypeids.net"), use Consumer Skype||point to point calls and conference calls (normal phone audio only)|
|Videocodec||works, but no conference calls (use extension "skypeids.net")|
Hint: Screen Content Sharing
It is currently (as of 4.7.2019) not possible, to share your screen content with the Polycom systems in our meeting rooms during a Skype or Skype for Business call.
To be able to share your screen, use either ezuce, h323 or Vidyo.