Printing Set up (Windows)
We support only the latest Windows version, with the latest updates.
- Download and install the printer driver from the manufacturer webpage. Select a "KX Printer Driver" driver for "TASKalfa 3551ci".
- Browse to \\print.him.uni-mainz.de\ and right click on "Kyocera_MFP_TASKalfa_3551ci_local_install" to "connect" to that printer.
- When asked enter your ZDV user credentials in the form: "UNI-MAINZ\<USERNAME>"
- When asked, point to the right drivers from Kyocera, you installed in step 1.
You can print immediately.
Problem solving with Windows 11 (November 2022): "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709):
- Do not install any Kyocera Windows 10 drivers as they will not work. (If at some point Windows 11 drivers will be officialy released, use them.) When asked for a driver, select "Microsoft" and next "Standard PS driver"
- Change settings: open "Local Group Policy Editor", navigate to "Administrative Templates → Printers → Configure RPC connection settings". Change "Protocol to use for outgoing RPC connections" to "RPC over named pipes".
Problem solving with Windows 10 to overcome problems related to PrintNightmare (as of November 2021):
If the above doesn't work and Windows 10 says something about wrong credentials, use this alternative step 2 as a workaround.
- Upgrade to version 2021-11-09 or newer
- Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add printers & scanners.
- wait 5 seconds, then click "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- On the next dialog "Select a shared printer by name" and enter "\\print.him.uni-mainz.de\Kyocera_MFP_TASKalfa_3551ci_local_install".
Use our Webprint service, via webbrowser (now with default option to print in color) and submit your print jobs via PDF to the server:
- Add you computer to the Uni-Mainz domain.
- Connect to the printer as normal, the Windows problem will not appear.