Tools for Physicists / Werkzeuge für Physikerinnen und Physiker 2023
Be prepared for the real lab work - know how to tackle the problems. 11 independent hands-on topics. Get in touch with the pros in their field. Focusing on thesis starters (Bachelor, Master, PhD), Postdocs welcome.
Cherry pick the lectures you like best or attend them all -- it's up to you. Please register up to one week before the event to give the tutors enough time to prepare.
Topics (click to register):
- Technisches Zeichnen by Thorsten Feldmann KPH
- Boost your Analysis with High Performance Computing by Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte, HIM
- Statistics by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gradl, HIM/KPH
- Estimates, Analogies, Storytelling and Handwaving for Physicists by Prof. Dr. Dima Budker, HIM
- Mathematica by Dr. Michael Distler, KPH
- 3D Printing and Designing by Paul Schöner, HIM
- PCB Design with KiCAD by Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte, HIM
- EM Noise & Interference in Measurement Setups by Dr. Matthias Hoek, KPH
- Data Display and Analysis with Mathematica (and maybe a bit of Python) by Dr. Arne Wickenbrock, HIM
- Cryophysics construction principles and applications by Dr. Andreas Thomas, KPH
- A brief introduction to the Rust programming language by Dr. Michael Distler, KPH
Organiser: Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte