Be part of HIM !
HIM‘s identity comprises a global perspective of its research in the field of structure, symmetry and stability of matter and antimatter. Young as well as experienced scientists are welcome to join our research facilities and network!
JOIN HIM - Bachelor/Master thesis, PhD, PostDoc?
Unsolicited applications by exceptional candidates in HIM-topics on all levels are welcome!
Therefore please provide a short letter of motivation and a summary of your research interest as well as a detailed CV.
Please indicate in the header which section you are interested in and what kind of work you are applying for.
Please submit the information to him(at)uni-mainz.de.
Open positions at Mainz and Darmstadt
- Jobs at HIM
- Jobs at GSI (Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung) Darmstadt
- Jobs at PRISMA, Cluster of Excellence "Precision Physics, Fundamental Interactions and Structure of Matter"
Opportunities for Experienced Scientists
(can be invited to contribute to HIM's research with several programs)
- VISIT-HIM (Visisting scientist program for 1-12 months)
- Gutenberg Fellowship:Funding by JGU Mainz for the implementation of a research group or some extended research stays
- Possibilities for Post-Doctoral Candidates at Mainz by the EU
Students and Young Scientists
- Internship Program of the Cluster of Excellence PRISMA: "Precision Physics, Fundamental Interactions and Structure of Matter"
- Graduate School Symmetry Breaking in Fundamental Interactions at JGU Mainz
- Helmholtz Graduate School for Hadron and Ion Research at GSI Darmstadt