Tools for Physicists / Werkzeuge für Physiker 2022
Be prepared for the real lab work - know how to tackle the problems. 10 independent hands-on topics. Get in touch with the pros in their field. Focusing on thesis starters (Bachelor, Master, PhD), Postdocs welcome.
Cherry pick the lectures you like most or attend all -- it's up to you. Please register up to one week before the event to allow the tutors enough time for preparation.
- Technisches Zeichnen by Erhard Jung, KPH
- Code Optimization by Dr. Dalibor Djukanovic, HIM
- Boost your Analysis with High Performance Computing by Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte, HIM
- Statistics by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gradl, HIM/KPH
- Estimates, Analogies, Storytelling and Handwaving for Physicists by Prof. Dr. Dima Budker, HIM
- Mathematica by Dr. Michael Distler, KPH
- 3D Printing and Designing by David Rodriguez Piñeiro, HIM
- PCB Design with KiCAD by Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte, HIM
- EM Noise & Interference in Measurement Setups by Dr. Matthias Hoek, KPH
- Geant 4 by Dr. Ahmed Ali, HIM/KPH
Organiser: Dr. Peter-Bernd Otte