We support only the latest Windows version, with the latest updates.
- Download and install the printer driver from the manufacturer webpage. Select a "KX v4 Printer Driver" driver for "TASKalfa 3551ci".
- Browse to \\print.him.uni-mainz.de\ and right click on "Kyocera_MFP_TASKalfa_3551ci_local_install" to "connect" to that printer.
- When asked enter your ZDV user credentials in the form: "UNI-MAINZ\<USERNAME>"
- When asked, point to the right drivers from Kyocera, you installed in step 1.
You can print immediately.
Problem solving with Windows 10 to overcome problems related to PrintNightmare (as of November 2021):
If the above doesn't work and Windows 10 says something about wrong credentials, use this alternative step 2 as a workaround.
- Upgrade to version 2021-11-09 or newer
- Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add printers & scanners.
- wait 5 seconds, then click "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- On the next dialog "Select a shared printer by name" and enter "\\print.him.uni-mainz.de\Kyocera_MFP_TASKalfa_3551ci_local_install".
Use our Webprint service, via webbrowser (now with default option to print in color) and submit your print jobs via PDF to the server:
- Add you computer to the Uni-Mainz domain.
- Connect to the printer as normal, the Windows problem will not appear.